Jump Start Your Metabolism with Water. Start adding lemon to your water for good health! Lemons are packed with goodness that your body needs.
“I have all my clients guzzle 16 ounces of lemon water straight out of the bed. Why? This helps get their engine going by jump-starting their metabolism, digestive system and it cleanses the liver and kidneys. Doing this can help get things rolling in the morning… if you know what I mean. Lemon water also helps with weight loss by keeping the body in an alkaline state. Lemons are high in fiber pectin, which helps keep you full longer. Also, they have a diuretic effect, which helps with water weight gain. Having trouble kicking the pop habit? Try adding lemon to sparkling water.
Here are some additional benefits of lemon water:
- Good source of calcium, citric acid, magnesium and potassium
- Potassium has many benefits, including the nourishment of brain and nerve cells
- Great for cleansing your system of impurities
- Helps with pain and inflammation in joints by dissolving uric acid
- Drink after meals to relieve indigestion problems such as heartburn, belching, bloating
- Helps with gastrointestinal disorders such as constipation, diarrhea, gallstones, kidney stones and pancreatic stones
- Fights sickness with its antibacterial properties that control healthy bacteria
- Helps treat sore throat
- Assists in lowering blood pressure
- Helps with asthma, allergies and respiratory problems
- Treats urinary tract infections because of the diuretic effects
- Great for skin and can be used to treat acne and eczema
NOTE: Drink lemon water through a straw because too much can harm the enamel on your teeth!
With all these benefits, you should not sour on drinking lemon in your water.
by IFBB bikini pro, Jennifer Andrews