Here are some awesome benefits and facts about Bananas:
- 110 Calories
- 400 mg of Potassium (10%of daily recommended value )
- 4 g of Fiber (16% of daily recommended value)
- 14.8 g of Sugar
- 1 g of Protein (2% of daily recommended value)
- Vitamin C (16% of daily recommended value)
- Vitamin B6 (20% of daily recommended value)
- Bananas are good for your heart and nerves: Bananas contain a high dose of potassium - an essential ingredient to keep your heart and nervous system in good shape.
- Bananas are good for your kidneys and bones: Benefits to the kidneys and the bones are again due to the high potassium content of bananas.
- Bananas can act as mood enhancers or mild sedatives: Bananas contain tryptophan (although it’s not one of the major sources, a medium still contains about 10.6 mg of tryptophan). Tryptophan is one of the 20 amino acids which are building blocks of proteins
- Bananas are good for your blood: Bananas are one of the highest sources of naturally available vitamin B6: Vitamin B6 plays an important role in converting tryptophan to serotonin (read #3 above), and also helps the body to make hemoglobin - a crucial ingredient of your blood. Vitamin B6 is also essential for antibody production and to maintain a healthy immune response.
- Bananas are good source of dietary fiber: A single serving (one medium-sized banana) contains 16% of the daily recommended dietary fiber intake for a normal adult - that’s substantial for a single serving of any food.
Hope you all had an amazing weekend (: